Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Science Fair

 At Paihia School we are having a science fair today, Te Ngahere has been doing science experiments to show the school and Nano Girl. My group is Breeze and Gail, Our science experiment is testing the absorbency of 2 & 3 ply toilet paper. Our hypothesis was that we thought 3 ply Quilton paper would absorb the most liquid and it did. I Learnt that an Independent variable meant a variable the will deliberately  change in you experiment. I also learnt  that a dependent variable means how you are going to measure your experiment. The last thing I learnt was that 3 ply toilet paper is just 3  1ply toilet paper stacked ontop of each other. It was hard to test the toilet paper because the first time we tested  we did it wrong. The reason we did it wrong was because we had the toilet paper sitting on top of a jar and it kept dripping through the toilet paper. So we tested again and this time we dropped 45 drops of food coloring onto a plastic plate  then put the toilet paper on the liquid and waited ten seconds to take it off, this time it did work. The easy part was setting up the board because all I had to do was glue the paper on the board. 

I think next time we could off used 2 3 ply toilet paper because we used 2 2 ply toilet paper so it wasn’t very fair using 2 2 ply and only using 1 3 ply. I think that I used the hoe of Tu maia because I never gave up and I kept going even when it was challenging. 


Have you ever been in a science fair? 



1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Mahana, I am a magical fairy that will grant you 5 wishes. Actually I am Ariana Bignell and I am writing this so you can see my opinion on your blog. First things first, overall I really liked your experiment and I wish I had thought of that! I also like how you explained everything, it was like you were right there in person! I have tried to do some experiments myself but I can't remember much. I haven't gone to a science fair yet though.

    ReplyDelete