Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Creative Te Reo Maori DLO

 Kia ora, This term we have been making Maori DLOS for sports sentences. We had to learn some phrases about Maori sport sentences to because we had to learn how to pronounce the correct word right. Here are some of the Maori sentences I learnt, I tenei ra, I haere nga tamariki  ki te papa takaro which in english it means The children went to the sports field and here is my favourite one I ako ratou ki te mahi kirikiti which in english it means They learnt how to play cricket. For me it was hard to say the maori words but I practiced over and over again until I said the correctly, also it was easier to find the words than say them.Do you know how to speak Maori?




2 comments:

  1. KIA Ora, I'm Kylah and I'am a student at Owairaka district primary school, I really like how you told us some words in Maori,I have a question to ask you, how did you know these words and was it hard to pronounce them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kylah, I was looking at my blog post and came across your comment. It way really hard to pronounce the Te Reo Maori but I kept practising and I also got help from my teacher, Whaea Ronnie. I didn't know the word really well but I still tried my hardest.

    ReplyDelete